In the early 1930's, Joseph Simon and his wife emigrated from Lithuania to Tacoma Washington opening his scrap metal recycling business known as Simon Junk located where the Tacoma Greyhound Bus Station now resides. Over the years, the company out grew that location and when his sons joined the company, it became Joseph Simon & Sons, Inc. operating at 2202 East River Street, Tacoma WA which is its present day location. In the mid 1960's, Joseph Simon & Sons, Inc. ventured further into the sales of scrap metal beyond the shores of the United States, exporting into Europe and Asia. In May of 2008 after many years, the sons of Joseph Simon retired and the company was sold. Now known as Simon Metals, LLC., it is well established and continues to grow in both the domestic U.S. and international markets.